How to find an agency representation in your area
Submit 3-5 snapshots (one close up and one full lenght) to the modeling agencies in the largest city near you. include your statistict, height, dress/suit size, measurements along with your name, address daytime phone number and any modeling experience you may have.
If an agency is interested in representing you they will call you.
For a resource listing in your area including
Bellow you will find the procedure for contacting a photographer.
1) Introduce yourself to the photographer.
2) The agency will call to set up an appointment to discuss a possible testing with you.
3) After establishing that you will be having a testing with a photographer, find out the cost of the session and what does that include. Pictures, locations, copies of photo's, makeup and Hair, styling etc.
4) At the time of the shoot be prepared and act professional and remember to be exciting and creative. (Bring your ideas that you have put together for your portfolio)
5) Remember, do not forget you appointment and be prompt. After having your testing, follow these guidelines: When you receive your contact sheets, select 2 or 3 of the best shots to enlarge to go into your portfolio. If possible, do this with the help of your photographer.
1) Choose only one photo per outfit/background.
2) After you prints are ready, put them in a portfolio.
3. Enclosed in your portfolio, you should have a short resume: A. Name B. Telephone numbers C. Height, D. Weight E. Eye color F. Hair color G. Dress size, H. Shoe size I. Any experience you might have
4. Put all your contact sheets in the back of the book for the agency to see. You should contact all the modeling agencies in your area and ask the agency what the procedures for reviewing portfolios are. Please follow all agencies reviewing procedures or you will not be considered a professional model.
We hope that this information the we have compiled for you helps you bring your desire of becoming a professional model to reality. Remember, relax, have fun and be professional and good luck.
More Modeling Tips:
Back to models in Boston.