Cakes RecipesCake Recipes:
Cakes are used in celebrations such as Birthdays, Wedding Anniversaries, Parties and the list goes on and on. Many varieties of cake recipes can be made but the problem comes when you want to make a less calorie cake. Some of the varieties of cakes are as follows
Chocolate cake recipe is healthy and even doctors are in support of chocolate cakes.
Cocoa powder (3/4 cup)
Unsweetened applesauce (1 cup)
Vanilla extract (1 tablespoon)
Wheat flour (2 cups full)
Raw sugar (1-1/2 cups)
Baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
Baking soda (1/2 teaspoon)
Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
4 egg whites (large), at room temperature
Soy milk (1 cup)
1. Heat oven upto 350 degrees. Spread out two 9 -inch round cake pans with vegetable oil cooking spray and sprinkle with whole-wheat flour.
2. Heat the soymilk in a medium size saucepan until its hardly boiled. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa until thickened and almost smooth (some tiny lumps will remain). Let stand 2 to 3 minutes to cool slightly. Whisk in the applesauce and vanilla extract.
3. Mix the flour, 1-1/4 cups of the raw sugar, the baking powder, soda, and salt in a large bowl.
4. Beat the egg whites in a medium size bowl with an electric mixer until thick and foamy. Gradually beat in the remaining 1/4 cup of raw sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form when the beaters are lifted.
5. Pour the cocoa mixture over the whole-wheat flour. Stir just until blended.
6. With a rubber spatula, gently stir about a quarter of the egg whites into the whole-wheat flour mixture. Fold in the remaining egg whites until no white streaks remain. Pour into the prepared pan or pans.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Garnish with your favorite fresh fruit.
2 egg whites, at room temperature
Cream of tartar (1/2-teaspoon)
vanilla extract (2 teaspoons)
1-cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
1. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and continue beating, adding the honey and vanilla.
2. Gradually add the nonfat dry milk powder, beating constantly, until the frosting is a good spreading consistency.Its not so hard to make a chocolate cake.
CarrotCake: This cake is favourite recipe of mine.If you dont like pecans, you can leave them out.
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
In a big bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
To Make Frosting:
In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped pecans. Frost the cooled cake.
Low Calories cakes for Diabetes:
The combination of rich taste and creamy texture makes cheesecake one of the most beloved of all.
1/3 cup (85 g/3 oz) low fat honey graham crackers(6 whole crackers)
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1 tablespoon plus I cup sugar
2 tablespoon extra-light olive oil
560 ml (19 oz) (about 2 cups) silken tofu, well drained
450 g (1 lb) fat-free cream cheese
3 tablespoons flour
1 large egg plus 2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
Preheat the oven to 180 c (350 f)
Combine the graham crackers, wheat germ, and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in a food processor and process into fine crumbs. Add the oil and process until moistened. Press the mixture into the bottom and partway up the sides of a 23-cm (9-in.) springform pan. Bake until set, about 10 minutes.
Add the tofu, cream cheese, flour, egg and egg whites, vanilla, and the remaining 1 cup sugar to the food processor and process until smooth.
Measure 1 cup of the tofu mixture into a small bowl and stir in the chocolate syrup. Pour the remaining filling into the crust. Pour the chocolate mixture in a ring on top of the filling and swirl in with a knife. Bake for 45 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake undisturbed for 45 minutes. Cool to room temperature before chilling overnight.
Tip: Instead of sugar, use an equal amount of sugar substitute such as Splenda Granular to reduce calories even more.
Fruit and Cream filled Sponge Cakes:
2 tablespoons all-fruit preserves.
1 cup strawberries, blue-berries, raspberries, or other fruit, washed, trimmed and sliced as necessary.
1/4 cup blended low-fat yogurt (same flavor as fruit).
1/4 cup reduced-fat or fat-free sour cream.
8 sponge cake cups
Place the preserves in a small dish and microwave for 1 minute to soften. Stir together with the fruit in a medium bowl, coating evenly.
Stir together the yogurt and sour cream in a small bowl, Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons into each cake cup and top with 2 to 4 tablespoons of the fruit.
Some of the above cake recipe might make your Christmas and New Year cheerful. So what are you waiting Go ahead try to make the homemade cake.