About Belchertown, MA
Belchertown is a charming town in Hampshire County, Massachusetts, that is known for its beautiful natural surroundings and rich history.
Here are some things to do and see in Belchertown:
- Quabbin Reservoir: The Quabbin Reservoir is a large body of water that provides drinking water to millions of people in Massachusetts. It is also a popular spot for hiking, fishing, boating, and picnicking.
- Dwight-Derby House: The Dwight-Derby House is a historic home that dates back to the early 18th century. It now serves as a museum that showcases the history of Belchertown and the surrounding area.
- Jabish Brook Conservation Area: This conservation area is a great place to explore the outdoors, with hiking trails, a waterfall, and plenty of opportunities for birdwatching and wildlife viewing.
- Amherst Farmers Market: The Amherst Farmers Market is held every Saturday from April through November and features fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products from vendors in the area.
- Belchertown Fair: The Belchertown Fair is an annual event that takes place over Labor Day weekend and features carnival rides, agricultural exhibits, live music, and more.
- Lampson Brook Farm: Lampson Brook Farm is a working farm that offers tours and educational programs, as well as a farm store where you can purchase fresh produce, meats, and other products.
- Red Fire Farm: Red Fire Farm is another local farm that offers tours, classes, and a farm store, as well as pick-your-own strawberries, raspberries, and other fruits in season.
- Quabbin Harvest Co-op The Quabbin Harvest Co-op is a community-owned grocery store that features locally sourced produce, meats, and other products.
Whether you're interested in history, nature, or agriculture, Belchertown has something to offer everyone.
Living in Belchertown, MA
Belchertown is a great place to live for those who enjoy a quiet, rural lifestyle. Here are some things to know about living in Belchertown:
- Housing: Belchertown offers a variety of housing options, including single-family homes, apartments, and condos. The median home value in Belchertown is around $285,000, which is slightly lower than the state average.
- Education: Belchertown has a good public school system, with four schools serving students from kindergarten through 12th grade. There are also several private schools in the area, including the Pioneer Valley Montessori School and the Belchertown Day School.
- Community: Belchertown is a close-knit community where residents often come together for events and activities. There are several community organizations and clubs, such as the Belchertown Lions Club, the Belchertown Historical Association, and the Belchertown Garden Club.
- Recreation: Belchertown has plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation, with several parks and conservation areas in the area. The Quabbin Reservoir, which is one of the largest man-made reservoirs in the world, is located nearby and offers boating, fishing, and hiking opportunities.
- Employment: Belchertown is a predominantly residential town, and most residents commute to nearby towns and cities for work. However, there are a few local businesses in the area, including small retail shops and restaurants.
Belchertown is a great place to live for those who value a peaceful, rural lifestyle and enjoy spending time outdoors.
Official Link: https://www.belchertown.org/