Financial aid director
Financial Aid Director is responsible for the whole operations of the student Financial Aid office. Financial Aid Directors plays an important role in managing and awarding funds, fiscal reporting, developing all policies and procedures, counseling students and supervising employees. Directors are also required to organize workshops and conferences on behalf of the college and work in flexible time schedules. He /She should have experience in Financial Aid Operations and a masters degree in Business Administration is an added advantage.
Minimum qualifications for Financial Aid Director are:
* The applicant must be familiar with the laws and regulations of Financial Aid like FERPA.
* Should have related Bachelors Degree.
* Should have an excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Have the ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Have minimum of three work exercise related to Financial Aid Programs
* Should have knowledge of federal, state, and institutional Financial Aid Programs
* Have the capacity of dealing with various student communities
* Should have experience of need analysis, counseling, and Packaging Aid
* Should be able to work under pressurized working environment
The responsibilities of a Financial Aid Director includes:
1. Effective Teamwork: Financial Aid Directors plays key role in managing the enrollment goals. For the effective Financial Aid implementations, directors must transfer of information between the various Financial Aid Offices. The directors of admission and Financial Aid should mutually support the Financial Aid Policies and goals.
2. Fact-Based Management: In order to use the institutional resources effectively Financial Aid Directors must use the data effectively. Financial Aid Directors should identify the trends, forecast expenditures, and monitor office activities for appropriate use of data.
3. Process Re-Engineering: Financial Aid Directors must be act as sophisticated process managers and well versed with the available technological resources. They should be expertise in computerization, process-flow diagramming, and improvement. They should be update as per the changing rules and regulations of Federal and state government.
4. Financial Aid Directors administers and supervises the Financial Aid Policies, office procedures and funding programs of all the universities.
5. Coordinates and monitors the operational functions of the Financial Aid Office.
6. Supervises all student activities for the timely file processing, billing, funding and collections.
7. Maintains appropriate cash flow levels with the internal control of cash management.
8. Directors should meet the NCAA rules and regulations of an annual evaluation process.
9. Their duty also includes counsels students, faculty, parents and staff regarding financial aid programs.
10. Also informs students about the institution's financial options, policies and procedures of educational costs.
11. Prepares various types of reports and applications of Federal, State funds and grants.
12. Should organize the meetings and workshops on Financial Aid.
13. Organizes the operating budget.
14. Directors works as a connecting link between university, students, parents and faculty.
15. Circulates Financial Aid Information to staff, students, other university constituents, and community organizations.
16. Administer the Title IV processing of freshman student loan and grant applications.
17. Supports the staff by giving them a chance to explore themselves through seminars and workshops.