Financial aid online
The Financial Aid office provides a list of services which eliminates the gap between the financialresources of students and their families by eliminating the economic barrier in obtaining an education. Financial Aid information works as a navigator in locating the appropriate Financial Aid loans andscholarships. Financial aid information gives complete details of a various loans available to the students on the eligibility criteria.
Every year, 75 percent of the students receive their Financial Aid from the federal government, mainly in the form of loans, but also by way of grants, federal work-study, and education tax credits and deductions. Financial Aid Award will be determined on the basis of a financial need of student, Financial need is determined by the subtracting your familys expected monetary contribution from the cost of attending College. The cost of attendance includes the full-time tuition fees, room and board allowances and allowances of books, transportation, and personal expenses as dictated by Federal regulations.
General terms and conditions of Financial Aid Process:
Financial aid reciepnets are awarded through various agencies like federal, state, institutional, and private. If the student accepts the financial aid award he is agreeing that he read, understood, and aware of the obligations and responsibilities included within the letter.
The received financial aid award is subject to below factors:
1. Financial Aid Award is determined with the rules and regulations from the time of award submission.
2. Should provide genuine information to the Financial Aid Office
3. Should keep inform the changes in the financial conditions, which arise within the award period including a change of address and/or name.
4. Failure to update in changes leads to cancelation of Financial Aid Award.
5. A student is not eligible to receive Financial Aid from the two colleges at a time
Financial aid information also provides information on the various kinds of Financial Aid Opportunities.Such as:
1. Pell Grant: This is funded by the federal government by filling the FASFA with a maximum award of $5,350 every year.
2. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG): It is non payable award up to $400.
3. Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG): It is a need based federal merit grant for high school graduates up to $1,300 financial aid.
4. Federal Work-Study (FWSP): Various jobs are available to the students to pay their loans.
5. Commonwealth Award (COMA): These awards range from $600 to $1,600 and can be used for tuition, fees, and books.
6. Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program (VGAP): These awards range from $700 to $1,700 for tuition, fees and books.
7. College Scholarship Assistance Program (CSAP): It is a state grant awarded to Virginia citizens based on their enrollment status.
8. Part-Time Tuition Assistance Program (PTAP): These are provided to assist tuition fees only.
9. Presidential Honor: These are established by the President and Local Advisory Board to the enrolled students.
10. Mary Marshall Nursing Scholarship: These are offered by General Assembly for Virginia to assist in their education.
11. Restricted Scholarships
These are provided by the individual organizations and trusts based on the students extra curricular activities.