Financial aid brown
Brown university established several Financial Aid initiatives, to assist students. Brown University also eliminated tuition fees for whose parents have annual income less than $60,000 and decided to replace the student loans with grants of students whose familys annual income is less than $100,000 a year. Brown also declared to increase tuition fees by 3.9 percent for the 2008-9 academic years to $36,928 including room and board.
Brown college supports with maximum amount of demonstrated Financial Aid amount to the enrolled students. 41% of the undergraduate students receive need-based Financial Aid. International students, who are not permanent residents, should submit the separate International Student Financial Aid Application from along with documents and the International Student Certificate of Finances. Canadian students should complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE application to get brown financial aid.
The Financial Aid awards are not given in cash, but covers in the form of tuition, fees, room, and board. Financial Aid useful to cover the books and some personal expenses. All applicants should consult local education officials and make every effort to obtain outside sources of Financial Aid in case if he is not eligible for internal Financial Aid.
The below are the Financial Aid Programes offered by the Brown College:
* The Federal Pell Grant is assisted through the federal government which does not require repayment. The Pell Grant is awarded to graduate students based on the demonstrated financial need of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
* The Federal Secondary Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is also designed for graduates with exceptional financial need.
* The Federal Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) was intended to the U.S. citizens and must be enrolled for full time degree program.
* The Federal Stafford Loan program is a low-interest loan with 6.0% interest rate helps for students with at least half-time enrollment status.
* Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Student (PLUS) is designed for the dependent student with 8.5% interest rate.
* Federal Work-Study program (FWS) allows the students to earn money to pay their educational costs.
Apart from the above financial aid programs Brown also offers Veteran Benefits to help veterans by partnering with U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in support of the new Post 9/11 GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program.
1. New Post 9/11 Benefits:
This program is intended to veterans who have served at least 90 days on active duty.
The benefits provided are:
Provision of cost of tuition and fees at a public institution of higher learning in the state
Provision of monthly housing allowance
Provision of Yearly books and stipend
2. Yellow Ribbon Program
This program also equal to the Post 9/11 Benefit Program. The eligible candidates for the above program can also apply for this aid. The applicant should serve at least 36 months and honorably discharged from active duty. The amount will be varying with enrolment status of full time or part time. The benefits provided are:
* Support provided to 10 undergraduate Yellow Ribbon Program- eligible students.
* Brown follows first come, first served policy in granting Yellow Ribbon Financial Aid.