Financial aid ny
Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is well known Financial Aid program offered by New York University. This facility will be offered to the citizens of New York only. It is more helpful the students of New York University for further educational assistance. Based on the year of the study began, Tuition Assistance Program amount will be decided.TAP is a Non payable Financial Aid Grant to the students. Financial Aid Eligibility will be determined by the factors like applicants satisfactory academic record and undergraduate and graduate level. Graduate level students receive Financial Aid up to eight semesters and under graduate levels theyll receive up to 10 semesters.
The eligibility requirements of New Jersey Financial Aid program, TAP are as below:
* The applicant must be citizen of United Sates and resident of New York city
* Should be studying in approved colleges of New York state universities
* Be have good academic track record and matriculated in a approved study program
* Should be pay $200 tuition fee per academic year
* Should be graduate from federally approved high school with good academic background
If the aspirant wish to apply for the Financial Aid. he/she need to submit the application form for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).The application form will be available at Financial Aid Office of the New York University and can be submit the filled applications through www.fafsa.ed.gov. Based on the applicants family income details and provide information TAP will be issued. Once the information is provided that will be remained for the next academic year Financial Aid also.
The other grant provided by the New York University is Aid for Part-time Studies (APTS). This grant is available to matriculated undergraduate New York state residents enrolled for at least three but less than 12 credits per semester. The issued amount will be determined based on the available funds and familys income.
The APTS applicant must:
* Should be in a position to bear tuition charge of at least $100 per year.
* Should be New York state citizens
* Should not used up Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
* Should be have good academic track record
* Have achieved c certificate of two full years of payment of state-sponsored student Financial Aid.
Federal grant prog
1. Federal Grant programmes of New York University are:
o Federal Pell Grants
o Federal Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG)
o National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent Grant (SMART)
o Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
o Veterans Benefits
2. State Scholarship and Grant Programs of New York Financial Aid are:
o New York State Tuition Assistant Program (TAP)
o Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)
o Additional New York State Scholarships and Grants
o SUNY World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship (WTCMS)
o Vietnam Veterans Tuition Awards (VVTA)
o Persian Gulf Veterans Tuition Awards (PGVTA)
o Award for Child of Veteran (CV)
o Regents Award for Child of Correction Officer Award (CO)
o New York State Regents Professional Opportunity Scholarships
o New York State Scholarships for Academic Excellence
o New York State Vietnam Veterans' Tuition Awards (VVTA) and New York State Persian Gulf Veterans' Tuition Awards (PGVTA)
Apart from the above scholarships, students also eligible for private loans from the external sources like employers, unions, professional organizations, and community and special interest groups on the need based.